Sunday, August 16, 2009

How I Adjusted From Regular Cigs To the Healthier Ones

I admit when I first puffed on this e-cig, it was quite eye opening. First of all, obviously it wasn’t a cigarette. I was open minded enough to know that much for sure. The first drag was a little harsh because I’m not used to getting nicotine vaped into my lungs. I have to say though, after those first couple of drags, the eye brows rose and the wrinkles in my forehead climbed leaving a glow on my face and finally, an answer to my prayers. “No way!” I yelled. “This can’t be true!”, I said in doubt. For the first moment of my smoking life I found something that looked like a cigarette, tasted like one, and felt like one.


Tasting like one. Hmm,,, I explained this in an earlier entry; nonetheless, e-cig shoppers new and old like to hear these stories so I’ll continue. Let’s say if you grab an unlit cigarette and take a drag off of it, you’re tasting the tobacco of that brand. So when people say, “Yeah but it’s not a Camel man…it’s not a Camel..” or “I can’t do without a Marlboro..” As for me, I was a Camel Light guy until I quit for a week back in ’04. When I started again, I made sure I switched brands so I smoked American Spirits. I have to admit, those were nice to smoke. “I miss them” I now say as a small tear trickles down my face. I’m ok though, taking one day at a time. With this e-cig it really helps me take my mind off of the real cigs. Now some manufacturers actually have name brand liquid juice or cartridges. To me, it doesn’t matter, tobacco is tobacco and pretty much they all taste like shit. This e-cig is like the good qualities of that tobacco flavor but without all the harsh tar deposits and ashy smell. Let’s admit smokers we f&*^*ing stunk huh? I mean like trying to kiss someone that smoked a cig.. god bless my wife and her patience. She doesn’t smoke and she’s amazed of how far I’ve come along.


Feeling like one. Hmmmm….Well when I smoked regular cigs, I’d wake up and the first thing I’d do is light up a cig. Took that first drag in deeply to make up for all the hours my body has been deprived of nicotine. Ahhhh,,, that burning sensation as the smoke fills the lungs and exhales with a feeling of my spirit lifted off of the ground. That’s what I get every time puff off this e-cig. Pure and simple …end of story,,,,,and now to me as I was weaning myself off the regular cigs, the e-cig actually tasted better.


Looking like one. Hmmm…. Again you have to think about what the e-cig is made of. My two piece model that I got at …cough cough… bleep bleep,,,, zzzzzzz….errrr….eeee ….is only made of a battery and a cartridge with a built in atomizer. So obviously that’s going to be heavier than a real cigarette. Duh???? So again, I knew this before buying ANY e-cig. Geese the three piece models were atrocious with this long FDR looking apparatus hanging from my mouth. Now if I wanted to look like the Penguin from Batman, I’d stick with that because it was the cheapest way to go. But again; if I wanted this to work, I would have to get the one that looked like my old love. So when I tried the one at …..bleep bleep….eeeee…rrrrrr..zzzzzz…… it really fit my needs because it was the closest thing to looking like my love for 15 years. Ya know, quitting smoking is somewhat like breaking up with a significant other, right? I mean think about it, “oh come on,,, one last time…. Just for good o’ times” or “I just want to remember this feeling for the rest of my life”….”I can’t live without you”…. You get the idea. Anyway, like any transition trying to replace the things we once loved with others could be a good thing if you are honest with yourself knowing that it could never be the same as what you had before. Now I admit, using this e-cig fully for a month now has been really liberating. It’s always for the better right? Changes that is… and for me I’m breathing so much better now that I’m using this.


So when I started, a couple of months back, I just smoked regular cigs at home. Since I couldn’t smoke in the house, I started to smoke this e-cig more. I even found it more refreshing than a regular cig. Let’s face remember what I said earlier? Yeah they all (the regular cigs) taste like shit. Anyway, the long and the short of it was I just made the switch. Kissed my fair American Spirits goodbye, knowing I would never be with her ever again. And like with all different phases of life, it’s always for the better. Good luck everyone and hang in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment