Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Call To Arms Vapers!

In a time when a distant country ruled most of the new lands of North America, 13 separate states formed a government that that would put an end to the tyrannical brute which gave birth to a new country that would eventually open its door to the rest of the world. How did this happen? What happened to cause an empire; that extended its strong arm to the ends of the Earth, gives up and let an infant country rule itself?

Then I heard a raspy voice in the distance utter softly, “E Pluribus Unum”…..” E Pluribus Unum”. It was then, when I realized the FDA is getting its muscle around the electric cigarette industry. For those who don’t know Latin; E Pluribus Unum means, “Out of Many, One.” It was this secret sauce that was added to the recipe of freedom which defeated one of the greatest empires of its time.

The electric cigarette industry is still fairly new and; until recently, many of us never knew of it. It’s the latest craze that people are talking about which caters to mainly the smokers who want to quit, but love to smoke. At least for me it is. With that in mind, we see all of these e-cig companies popping up on ads in search engines. A lot of these companies sell the same product but market it with their own name branded on it. “Oh, this one is better, no no…. that one is the best”. Blah blah blah, but I have to admit what attracted me to the one I have was “CHEAPEST MOST ADVANCED”. And I have not found a cheaper cartridge with a built in atomizer. If you find them cheaper, please let me know.

All of these e-cig companies are riding the wave of discovery to a multibillion dollar industry and everyone wants their piece of the pie. The problem lies for those who already profit off the tobacco and Rx industry; regardless of brand or design, these things are far cheaper than any nicotine replacement therapy or pack of smokes you can buy. Well let me take that back there are cheap packs of smokes that cost about a buck or two and I think the brand name is called Sawdust. Yep, that’s pretty much what you smoke when you go that cheap on the cigs. Some people roll their own and that saves money, but who in the hell wants to spend their evening rolling cigarettes?

Before I discovered the e-cig, I’ve tried almost everything. I even wanted to go to the inhaler. Let’s face it; this probably is the best nicotine replacement there is that that FDA has approved. I don’t know about that because it was too much money for me. “Oh yeah, we’ve got an inhaler too”, says the FDA to us e-smokers. Now check this, for around $45-50 you can get the nicotine inhaler that comes with 42 cartridges. They say, at the beginning you should use as many cartridges as needed. Use at least 6 but no more than 16. Now let’s think about this: If I were to get this inhaler, I would use at least 6 cartridges. That means AT LEAST I’d be spending 45 bucks a week. Knowing me, I’d probably inhale more than that causing it to be more expensive than what I was already spending on cigs. What I spend now on my nicotine inhaler is a little less than 60 bucks a month. Big Pharma wants to rape our pockets of our hard earned money and profit off of probably one of the most effective nicotine replacement devices there is on the market. I also saw another product that is on the verge of FDA approval. It’s this plastic tube filled with goo which contains nicotine. You’re supposed to suck on this to extract the gel which gives you a little nicotine. Apparently, it’s a cherry flavor. First of all, I don’t want to suck on this thing that looks and tastes like candy. The goo crap itself, looks like the stuff you would put in your hair. What I want are my cigarettes! Frustrated and ready to give up hope, I just on a whim typed in the search engine, “electric cigarette”. I had no idea what I would experience from then on. By far and I’m sure I can speak for everyone, this is the best thing for smokers who want to quit, but like to smoke. For me first thing was, just getting off of the tobacco. From there, I’ll then worry about getting off of the nicotine.

Big Pharma, FDA, tobacco companies don’t care if this is the best thing. They don’t care if we quit or get addicted. It’s just a money game and no matter where you go, they’re making money off of us. Now the best thing to do; and you beat everyone in the game, is just quit cold turkey. Sorry, can’t do it. I like smoking too much and when I found this e-cig online, I found that technology is really doing something for us. Yeah, why not make a safer cigarette? How can we do that? What I don’t understand is how in the world a pharmaceutical company can charge an outrageous price for a piece of plastic with some nicotine in it. I just don’t get it. I know, people will say, “Oh they make it just as expensive or more so that way you don’t become easily depended on it. The idea is to get off of the nicotine, not continue to use it.” Sure, nicotine isn’t the best thing for anyone, but neither is caffeine or alcohol and if I choose to consume those products, then I have a right to do so.

So the people involved with this government approved nicotine orgy wants to either do away with e-cigs altogether, or somehow regulate and put their stamp of approval so that way they’re not losing out on any profits. This reminds me about the beginning of this article. E Pluribus Unum. The only way the e-cigs will stay is if we all band together and fight this by saying, “We the people of the E-Cig Community are taxpaying citizens and demand that this product remains on the market. We have independent tests stating that there are no carcinogens in this liquid nicotine, or prefilled cartridges. You have no reason to take this product away from us which has helped thousands of us quit smoking.”

Think about it…. if manufacturers and vendors, drippers and cartridge users, consumers and retailers all join together, we can win this fight. Yeah, that’s right….I’m calling on you Green Smoke!,,, I’m calling on you Blu! I’m calling on Esmoke AND Smoke Fifty-One! I’m calling on Red Dragon, EcigUSA, Njoy, Smart Fixx! Where are you SmokeStick, Unite, NicotineGreen, Crown Seven?! How about you Johnson Creek Smoke Juice, E Liquid, Envy??! Stand up Krave, Green Puffer, Ez Smoker, and Smoke Assassin!!! Don’t just get an independent test and claim you're the best. Stand up together and get legislation and the ECA involved. Who’s got a petition? Is there a website we can log on to and help fight this?! What are people doing about this already? Let us in on it. The bottom line is if we’re doing this individually, then WE WILL lose. It’s just that simple. Let us stand up together and out of many WE SHALL BE ONE!!!

Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for your time and attention to this matter. I want to be free to vape in peace. How about you?

- Bryce

No comments:

Post a Comment